There have been growing cases or needs from the West African Examination Council, from WAEC candidates regarding the correction of names and dates of birth regarding their results or the issuance of certificates by the Council.
Well, the truth is that you can actually make corrections to your names before or after the publication of results or certificates.
So, if you definitely fall into the categories of students whose results have been published and certified printed or obtained, please keep in mind that you can no longer influence changes in your date of birth but only on your names.
Applicants whose results have not yet been published easily request name or date of birth corrections by providing the documents and guidelines required below:
Requirement for Correction of Waec date of Birth, Name & Other Wrongly Submitted Information.
Applicants are required to provide the following documents before contacting any of the state or WAEC area offices for corrections.
- Correction letter [The correction letter should indicate the errors found in the result / WAEC certificate, please make sure to admit the errors made]
- Letter of Attestation [This letter can be obtained from your school, indicating that you were still a bona fide student of the institution.]
- School register [This is for graduates, you must present your school register which turns out to be among the graduates of your establishment]
- Birth certificate [This birth certificate MUST be the original]
- Affidavit under oath [Whether to correct name or date of birth as applicable]
- WAEC result / certificate [the one containing the error]
- Sum of N15,000 for the correction of the name or the date of birth.
Guidelines For Waec Data Correction Process
You have obtained the documents requested above right?. Now you must go to the state in which you took the review and submit the necessary documents. Also complete the payment above.
You must also provide your contact information such as address and telephone numbers to contact after making changes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must issue a receipt indicating that your payment has been successful and accepted. Kindly Wait for a validity period of 3-6 months for the Council to work on your request.
Please do not date anyone who pretends to offer this service outside of the offices of WAEC.
Do not visit the WAEC office for name and date correction, enter the office and do not frequent various offices.
Once the correction of WAEC’s name and date of birth has been processed, you will be contacted by WAEC to access & print your certificate online.